Need Advice & Understanding - xml sitemaps & google SEO

yandoo

Hiya I really need some advice and want to understand something to do with xml sitemaps and google search engine optimisation.

I have a website that has lots of different content including a section on blogs. Each blog appears TWICE, once a single blog page (one after another) but also on an individual page about that particular blog post ONLY. Each page that has the individual blog on has its own short unique page title with various keywords that relate to what the blog is about. Additionally the page contains relevant OG Tag information to allow users to share the blog post on facebook, linked in, google + etc...

Its worth noting that this page is almost obsolete to the user because they can go onto the main blog page where all the blogs are and under each post can share the post there. They don't need to go to the unique blog post page to do this.

So there is no physical hyperlink from any other pages on my website to any of the individual blog post pages (such as on each heading of the blog post that links to the corresponding blog page), as it would be pointless from a users point of view because there is nothing more they can do or see by going there. But these blog pages are where the unique titles are for that blog.

I have just created an xml sitemap using an online generator and it doesn't include any of the individual blog pages I assume because there is no link betweem them and any other pages? (although they are accesible).

So I really need to know a couple of things, will the uniquely titled blog pages still be searchable in google? What will it mean if they are not included in the sitemap?

I'm thinking that maybe it is worth hyperlinking each blog post on the main page to its corresponding blog post page? Even though its kind of pointless from a users perspective.

Please advise me on what I should do?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.