The "PHP Conferences & Meetups" is a place for users to organize meetups with other PHP users, or announce upcoming conferences. These conferences and meetups should be closely tied in with PHP (e.g. a infrastructure / software development group.)
Some examples of what conferences / meetups you can find in this forum:
- Ones listed from http://php.net/conferences/
- Local PHP Meetups
- SXSW (South by Southwest
Who can post?
Anybody that is in good standing (no warnings / prior history) of PHP Freaks can post within this forum. However, all topics will be moderated and the staff will deem what topics are / aren't appropriate. The staff will aim to have your topic approved / disapproved within 48 - 72 hours of posting. If your topic is not approved, the staff will attempt to contact you with our reasoning. Usual reasons would be off-topic (which we will move the thread to the correct forum) or not relevant to PHP (a quilting club).
What format should my topic be in?
We'd like to keep the formatting of the topics within this forum consistent. We ask that you do the following:
- The title of the topic should be the name of the conference and the start date. It is suggested to use 3 letter month, 2 number day, and 4 number years (Think
date('M d, Y'))
- You should make use of the tags provided. There are a limited number of tags available and if you think your post does not fall into any of them, please contact a staff member so we can add your suggestions.
- You should include the following within the content of your post:
- The name of the meetup / conference
- The date of the meetup / conference
- The location (whether physical or remote)
- A description of what to expect (an agenda, sessions available, etc.)
- Contact info
- Any discounts / coupon codes for our members is always appreciated
- We will close the topic 2 weeks after the last day of the conference / meetup. This will allow users to follow up with suggestions / reviews.