4 replies to this topic

#1 AV1611

AV1611
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 997 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:20 PM

I'm obviously not getting some point... I've been playing with dreamweaver, and it seems harder to create a PHP web page with it than just using notepad...

can someone help me get the concept, or point me to a tutorial that will help me get whatever it is I missed?

#2 Gast

Gast
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSouth East England

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:53 AM

I never use Dreamweaver's built in functions to create PHP pages. I simply use the code view to write the code. The syntax colouring helps a lot and can be easier to spot errors than in notepad.
OS and Internet Specs:
Windows XP (with SP2), 1680x1050, PHP 4, MySQL 3, Internet Explorer 6 &7 /FireFox 2.0/Opera 9.2

Tutorials:
Simple Introduction to AJAX and XMLHttpRequest
Creating Live Data with AJAX Making a Google Suggest like application

#3 ChrisDarl

ChrisDarl
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 12:19 PM

I agree with gast, also you can use the live view feature to see the webpage, even with parameters in the url.

This is in dreamweaver 7/8

chris

#4 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 29 October 2005 - 12:28 PM

i'll be the third to agree... i use dreamweaver for 3 things:

1. color coding for PHP in code view

2. xhtml validation

3. help with CSS validation as i write it

other than that, dreamweaver is great help with it's "Site Management" to FTP all your files up to the server as you write them. otherwise, i really don't use other features of dreamweaver.
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#5 lessthanthree

lessthanthree
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 85 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:11 PM

Don't you usually get HomeSite thrown in for free with DW? If so, use that for your PHP code it's a text editor, not a wysiwyg program, but has the same color coding as dreamweavers code view. Much much better :]
call me a safe bet, i'm betting i'm not

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users