why it loop 3 times per article?

catalankh

it working perfectly in local but in my website it display 3 time per article why? here my print_r

PDOStatement Object ( [queryString] => SELECT `article`.`art_id` , `article`.`art_titleen` , `article`.`art_titlekh` , `article`.`art_postdate` , `article`.`art_detail` , `sub_menu`.`sub_name` FROM `article` , `sub_menu` WHERE `article`.`sub_name` = `sub_menu`.`sub_name` AND `article`.`sub_name` = 'phone' ORDER BY `article`.`art_postdate` DESC )

$dispart = fnc_select_article($targfields,$table,$field,$param,$targetfitler,"'".$andfilter."'"." ORDER BY art_postdate DESC LIMIT 0,8");
?>
<ul>
<?php
while($phdispart = $dispart->fetch(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC)){
   echo '<li><a href="contentdetail.php?art_titleen='.$phdispart['art_titleen'].'"><h1>'.$phdispart['art_titlekh'].'</h1>'. substr($phdispart['art_detail'],0,100).'<p class="postdate">'.date("h:i a M j, Y ", strtotime($phdispart['art_postdate'])).'</p></a></li>';
   }
?>

I reckon this is because of the JOIN, which you should be writing out properly, by the way. All to easy to make it a Cartesian product when writing it that way, not to mention it's a lot harder to read which increases the chances of bugs.

So rewrite the query to use explicit (ANSI) JOINs, and then run it against the database manually. It should provide you with the reason why you're seeing what you're seeing.

you can see my print_r it exactly <ul> and repeated when i open the browser first time it work perfectly when i click on tablet then go back to phone it'll display 3 time loop ok let see the real link http://www.sabaychet.com/allnews.php?ph_sc_sub_name=phone you click the tablet at your right hand then click the second menu or the upper of tablet (it my language) u'll see it loop 3 time is it because of catch??

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.