PHP Freaks on Twitter?

Beautiful.

But seriously, is anyone other than me at all interested in reviving @thephpfreaks? For a start, the display name could be changed to PHP Freaks to make it easier to find. It could be converted into a semi-blog page where interesting topics from PHP Freaks and others (about php, web development and more) are posted. To aid with resources, a forum post could be started here where individual PHP Freaks can post what they think is interesting and have their stuff promoted to the twitter page.

This sounds great, one thing that could be done is set up the page, make it look nice and so on. An optimized PHP Freaks logo would be suitable for the profile picture. Just wondering though, is the PHP Freaks forum community separate from the actual website? It seems that www.phpfreaks.com and the forums feel distinctly different, for one, the forums seem like the main focus and a lot cleaner than the main site. It would be a good idea to know which sort of theme to present on that page, from the current background, I would say the forums. The speech bubble with the "<?php" isn't such a bad idea for a profile picture and maybe the circular logo somewhere in the header space.

The forums and the main site are not separate, one is just a custom site that needs some love, the other is some forum software that again, needs some love.

Now, if only we had a lot of time on our hands.

• 4 weeks later...

That is pretty rude. Twitter is a joke and worthless? 

I've gotten speedy customer service on twitter. I've bought products specifically because a company I follow sent out a coupon via twitter. I read blogs because they post their updates to twitter. Twitter effectively brings in viewers when you use it right. Not taking advantage of it because you think it's worthless is a joke. 

I could be biased because I met my husband via Twitter but... on the other hand you fed bleach or some shit to your cat. So...

That is pretty rude. Twitter is a joke and worthless?

I've gotten speedy customer service on twitter. I've bought products specifically because a company I follow sent out a coupon via twitter. I read blogs because they post their updates to twitter. Twitter effectively brings in viewers when you use it right. Not taking advantage of it because you think it's worthless is a joke.

I could be biased because I met my husband via Twitter but... on the other hand you fed bleach or some shit to your cat. So...

My cat issues are irrelevant, lol :P (It was a mistake, you don't understand)

Anyways, yes that's great you met your husband on twitter and got some coupon codes, but the majority of developers/coders hate twitter with a passion. What's next a PHPFreaks FB group? Lol I mean comon

Twitter should only be used by LARGE companies or celebrities. Not indie small companies sites.

But, phpfreaks has grown into a larger site than 2-3 years ago, most likely because of the forum software upgrade, it makes it look very web 2.0 and fancy. But I just don't think having a twitter would do any help at all, just more work for the admin and what does the phpfreaks admin need to tweet? "Hey everyone, site will be down tomorrow 3-5pm/blah/blah", lol everyone would of checked/saw that on the forum announcements anyways.

just my 2 cents

No one said anything about trying to advertise some company Monkuar. I'm not sure you understand what your ranting on about.

But, phpfreaks has grown into a larger site than 2-3 years ago, most likely because of the forum software upgrade, it makes it look very web 2.0 and fancy.

Please, never mention web2.0 again. It is a myth.

This Monkuar bloke is as weird as hell, but I don't think you'll really grow the site much by using Twitter unless you really put some effort in. If it's just trq pointing out everyone's mistakes every now and then it's not going to do much for you. Many will benefit from Twitter, but I don't see how a very established forum as this will do with just one or two tweets a day by whoever fancies it at the time.

If it's for the fun of it then go for it.

Btw. trq your framework site is shot to shit. Broken links everywhere. It's a right mess.

No one said anything about trying to advertise some company Monkuar. I'm not sure you understand what your ranting on about.

Please, never mention web2.0 again. It is a myth.

Could careless if it's a myth, web 2.0 means fancy and this forum looks 100x better than the old phpfreaks board?

I'm not ranting, im stating fact, using twitter w/o a qualified/huge business is worthless. Don't know why you cant see that. Anyone using twitter for social media for "personal" reasons should be ashamed of themselves, that site is a joke, twitter is the new myspace, it's dying. I'd rather see ceo's and admin's use their own site for communication then some 3rd party site.

This Monkuar bloke is as weird as hell, but I don't think you'll really grow the site much by using Twitter unless you really put some effort in. If it's just trq pointing out everyone's mistakes every now and then it's not going to do much for you. Many will benefit from Twitter, but I don't see how a very established forum as this will do with just one or two tweets a day by whoever fancies it at the time.

If it's for the fun of it then go for it.

Btw. trq your framework site is shot to shit. Broken links everywhere. It's a right mess.

A bloke? Give me one reason why you as a consumer user would use twitter?

Only people that benefit from twitter is when they have hundreds of thousands of followers, kid you not, over 30% of them are bots anyways.

But please, move along and keep telling me why Twitter is so good, lols I havn't heard one argument, bunch of semantics.

Edited by Monkuar

It's not our fault you're so bad at reading comprehension you can't understand the points that were made already.

I think it's hilarious how people think something they don't "get" is automatically a failure.