PHP Media Player

Jay8838

Hi Guys (and girls).. I am new to this PHP and self taught so please be gentle with me..! I have a system I created at work where clients can log in and view their advert online, they log in with a unique contract number and then the PHP script looks for the advert within our FTP (that we uploaded) and it plays their advert, the advert could be either an SWF or MP4. The problem I have is if they are viewing on an iPhone we have to supply an MP4 beauce they can't see the SWF (flash file), the MP4 is a huge file and takes too long to load where as the swf is vertially instant. What I want to do is get some sort of media player on the proofing area that handles both SWF and MP4 and streams it rather than waits for it to fully load before it plays it. At the moment i have the advert to appear in an iFrame at 800x600 (actual advert size) and it simply looks for "<?echo $file;?>" ..!! My question is, how do I get the "<?echo $file;?>" to play within a media player (example JW Player)..?

PLEASE HELP (If I have not confused you too much)

Thanks

Jay (41 year old newbie.. :-0)

hey hi

im not shure if i get the question, the jw is a good solution

Why you dont make something like the client log in and a php script create a page with the jw code with the client advert path in the jw code

or the php echo the jw code like <?php echo '<html><body><div>JwCodeWithClientAd</div></body></html>';?>

I hop i helped with some idea

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.