Anyone Gifted Money on KickStarter or IndieGogo

justlukeyou

Hi,

Has anyone gifted/donated money to projects on KickStarter or IndieGogo.

I think they are brilliant sites which are helping people to launch innovative ideas but I cant help think that they are fads and within a few years people will only use them to fund the best and most innovative projects.

Any views on this?

I've contributed to two different campaigns on IndieGoGo:

- Let's Build a Goddamn Tesla Museum

- StickNFind- Bluetooth Powered ultra small Location Stickers

I don't regularly go there and seek out things to contribute too but sometimes I hear about something and decide I like it. 

As for their future, their volume may decrease a bit as the coolness wares off but I wouldn't consider them a fad really, and I think they will be around for quite a while.  For as many projects as I have seen that seem like crap there are just as many that I find interesting.  Whether or not I actually contribute anything depends mostly on how much I would like said project to succeed and whether or not I happen to have spare funds at the time.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.