In paragraph "."(fullstop) ends the sentence end (limitation)

ksumanth

hello friends,

I have one paragraph , in that middle of the paragraph i just give "."(fullstop). If "." comes the sentence have to end.

I know how to give the limitation of the words in paragraph but i want to know If "." comes then the sentence should end .

can any one help me out.

Thanks sumanth.

hello friends,

I have one paragraph , in that middle of the paragraph i just give "."(fullstop). If "." comes the sentence have to end.

I know how to give the limitation of the words in paragraph but i want to know If "." comes then the sentence should end .

can any one help me out.

Thanks sumanth.

I'm guessing English isn't your native language?

In PHP:

<?php
$s="Here is the first. Here is the second. Here is the third";
list($c) = explode('.', $s);
$c .= '.';
echo $c;
?>

That's probably the easiest way. Explode breaks the string into segments seperated by the period, and the list($c) = assigns the first array element to $c. The line $c .= '.'; just adds the period back onto the string.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.