Login Script - 500 Error

neverforget98

Hey all,

So, I've had this Integrated Services system running off a laptop using WampServer, and it's time to move it onto the brand new server our organization just had donated to us. But, I'm running into an issue. Upon trying to access the system, I get a 500 Internal Server Error. The error log is telling me that sys_cpanel directory is missing in the cPanel account's and yet, I've NEVER heard about this directory before in the years I've worked with cPanel and webhosting. Continuing on, I checked to make sure the PHP alert (or PHP info or whatever it's called) setting is on in php.ini to push and errors to the page, and the only error coming through is The request could was not completed. The server met an unexpected condition. I found that upon removing the section of the script that includes the Membership and Membership Class files, and the Database file, including where it completes the login process, the page loads fine. And upon reapplying it, it pushes a 500 Internal Error. I have included links below to the PasteBin files for the following files, all permissions are set to 755:

Take care and thanks in advance to everyone who helps!

Assuming the 500 http response isn't due to a php syntax/parse error in your main file (edit: or something in a .htaccess file), you can set php's error_reporting/display_errors in your script and get any php detected errors to be displayed. Add the following two lines of code, immediately after the first opening <?php tag on the main page being requested -

ini_set("display_errors", "1");
error_reporting(-1);

Edited by PFMaBiSmAd

This is the error log:

[Thu Feb 07 15:51:53 2013] [error] [client **.**.***.***] File does not exist: /home/isoub/public_html/sys_cpanel, referer: http://**.**.***.***/~isoub/login.php

I did some reading up on the sys_cpanel thing and it is usually because the mod_userdir security feature is enabled, and it was, but I disabled it, and still am getting a 500 error, but there is nothing going into the error log now.

Edited by neverforget98

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.