Easiest but good framework

I-AM-OBODO

Symfony2 is a great framework, but you need to invest time into learning it.

I was actually reading up on Symfony2 but then switched to learning Yii. I read the whole manual and installed it and everything. Was gonna start playing around with it and make a hello world type script or w/e. It did seem like a lot to take in, but well structured.

As opposed to Yii... ugh. I admit it was a lot easier for me to get Yii up and running out of the box, but the documentation isn't all that great. Compared to Symfony2 anyways. I have a bad feeling about Yii. It seems less intuitive than Symfony2. But a lot of the stuff at our job was originally done in Yii so it's more beneficial for me to learn it than something else :/

so far nobody has mentioned codeigniter? does that mean its not too good a framework or what are the advantages symphony2 or Yii has over it. I really need something not too hard to learn cos i'm not a guru with php itself. i know a handful of stuff in php & mysql eg am trying with forms/logins, can manipulate datas (mostly all i could do with php/mysql is user, admin, register etc stuffs like that). i've not really mastered classes and i dont know why.

i need serious pionter on how to go about it.

Thanks all

I agree with the others...until you have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the language and methods, you're gonna struggle a lot with a framework. They are supposed to be there as a convenience so you don't have to reinvent the wheel, and provide an easy way to be consistent, especially when lots of people are touching a project. They are not meant to be something to be learned instead of the underlying technology itself.

Thanks all. That settles it! And that said, I'll deep my head down and improve my skills before delving into framesworks. But whats stopping me from understanding classes? It beats me each time i try learning it and then i get stuck somewhere and i let it slide!!!

Any easy tut, pointers

Thanks all. Do have a blast weekend! :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.