clearInterval

Pain

Hello.

I am in need of some help:)

I know how to set up an interval, but now i need to clear it. So i thought u guys could help me out:)

I set my interval like this

setInterval(function(){
loadUpdateLevelPercentage();
}, 10000);

How can i clear it after 40 seconds?

@kicken: I think the issue is in 'how' to implement that after 40 seconds.

Well, there are a few options. This is the easiest in my opinion is this:

You apparently only want it to run 4 times since each interval is set to 10 seconds. So, set a global counter that is used inside loadUpdateLevelPercentage(). Then at the end of each iteration of the function, increment the counter and do a check to see how many times it has executed. If >= 4 then use clearInterval()

@Psycho: Aye, guess I didn't read close enough.

@Pain:

As a side note, there is one caution warning to be aware of with setInterval.  If it's possible that the time needed to run your code would be longer than the delay, you should use setTimeout instead to prevent overlapping / queued up calls to the function.

With a 10-sec delay that probably isn't an issue for you, though if you're doing any ajax work in the callback you might consider changing formats.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.