Urgent help needed with setting up a working php environment

Gurus in the house, please I need help with manually installing the latest versions of Apache, Mysql and PHP. I know there's WAMP but it just troubles me too much with lots of errors...so annoying. I was hoping I could get help here with the right files to download and how to configure them. I just bought a new PC coz my last was...out of shape. Just point me in the right direction if you would please. Thanks!

If installing WAMP is too much trouble, installing them separately will be way too much trouble.

I've never gotten a single error installing WAMP on a PC. What errors do you get?

(Moving this to installation and setup forum.)

Not installation errors. But all the scripts I wrote when I was using Apache2triad gives too much errors when I tried using just the latest version of WAMP. I get errors like "undefined whatever and all that" I don't really get it. It expects me to first define my variables as empty before using them. I get a whole page full of errors. This never happened with apache2triad. Confused!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.