do i need to use flash or html?

mark103

Hi guys,

Can you please help me, I want to start off to make a website to design my own tv channels with menu list. I would like to make 6 rectangle boxes to allow me to use the keyboard arrows button to move up and down to mouseover on each box without using the mouse point, not sure if I would need textboxes. And I am not sure that if I would need to code html or flash development.

The website I want to make like this:

http://labs.worldtv.com/tv

Can you please suggest me what development (html or flash) would be the best for me to make a website like the one I post the link on above?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your reply guys and thanks for your advice. Do you know what type of script that i should use like iframe as I want to stay in the same page without reloading the whole page and what script would let me to disable the mouse point like the website I linked that I could use the keyboard without the mouse??

Do I need to use MooTools, javascript, css or html?

Edited by mark103

Do I have to use flash or html that i want to disable mouse cursor while i can move the boxes on up, down, left and right arrow buttons on the keyboard and i want to watch streaming videos through on flash?

the reason i want to do this is because i'm planning to make my own epg website for my personal use only and nobody else will access to my website, only me.

If i have to use flash, how i can disable the mouse cursor, how i can move the highlight on the boxes using with keyboard arrows button and how i can extra the information from a 3rd party website to input on my website?

Edited by mark103

Guest lenix

You can do all the things you want using JQuery {esp. hiding mouse cursor}

JQuery code:

$(document).ready(function(){
$(body).css({
'cursor' : 'none'
});
});

Edited by lenix

You can do all the things you want using JQuery {esp. hiding mouse cursor}

JQuery code:

$(document).ready(function(){

$(body).css({

'cursor' : 'none'

});

});

Obviously you have no idea what that code is actually doing.

Guest lenix

:( I'm just trying to help though I am not a "JS PROGRAMMER" I think that code that I have been posted will work to hide the mouse cursor. It works for me in FF. am not sure for others.

That piece of code goes the long way around to add a simple css declaration to the body selector.

It be done without the dependency on jQuery (or JavaScript for that matter) using pure css.

body { cursor: none }

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.