I had sort of completed working on a simple card game (found at www.playcheckonline.com) based on jQuery about 6 months back. A great deal of the ocde relies on jQuery ui's draggable method. It enables a player to drag the cards dealt to them onto the deck. Anyway, aside from a few glitches, the game worked perfectly good as intended when I completed it (at least as far as draggble is concerned). I even had a few friends play it across the world. I haven't updated the code since then but recently when I checked on it to make some updates, it was all but impossible to play because the dragabble method won't work. I get the following error in Chrome debugger
Now before i delve into debugging and trying to pinpoint the source of the problem, I just want to find out if anyone has had such and experience or if it is normal. Remember, no changes had been made to any of the files and now all of a sudden, an important method won't work. What's even more puzzling is that initially, I had the jQ ui version 1.8 hosted on my server and that's what I linked my site to. So any changes to jQui shouldn't have affected the game. Now i have linked the site to the online hosted version of jQ core and jQui as follows:
<link type="text/css" href="jQui/css/jquery-ui-1.8.18.custom.css" rel="Stylesheet" />
And the problem persists. The site (playcheckonline.com)has a user friendly interface, and it's pretty easy to navigate to the play area. Just click on the "play game" tab in the menu bar and fill out the resulting form.