Change Url...

subhomoy

Hello every one plz help me....

I have create a wallpapers site and the way to open a specific wallpapers in another page is shown below

localhost/wallpapers/view.php?id=2    [id = wallpapers id in the images tables.]

In this way users can open all pages simply by changing the id...

But i'm wanting to show the url in this way....

localhost/wallpapers/abc.html

Is there any way to acheive this... What i've came to know is that the html page will be automatically created (correct me if I'm wrong) using php...

Any help will be greately appreciated...

Thank you in advance..

Yeah, one way would be to create an HTML file for each image, but if it is the "pretty URL" part you're concerned about I really think you should do it for real. Read up a little bit on how to do this with .htaccess, it's easier than one might think. This will let you turn wallpapers/view.php?id=2 into wallpapers/view/2

Even better, right?

Here's a link to get you started: http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/other/using-htaccess-files-for-pretty-urls/

- W

Yeah, one way would be to create an HTML file for each image, but if it is the "pretty URL" part you're concerned about I really think you should do it for real. Read up a little bit on how to do this with .htaccess, it's easier than one might think. This will let you turn wallpapers/view.php?id=2 into wallpapers/view/2

Even better, right?

Here's a link to get you started: http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/other/using-htaccess-files-for-pretty-urls/

- W

Thanks for the info but can it be done in .html way....

If possible....

Thanks for the info but can it be done in .html way....

If possible....

What exactly do you mean?

PHP code can only be interpreted in a php file.

Mod_rewrite would allow you to change the PHP file to look like an HTML file in the URL, which addresses your initial question.

What exactly do you mean?

PHP code can only be interpreted in a php file.

Mod_rewrite would allow you to change the PHP file to look like an HTML file in the URL, which addresses your initial question.

actually i want to hide the information passed in my url( ie id, name, etc)... Is there any way to hide that so the code stills works...

i want to encode the details which is being transferred/ shown in the browser url..

any ideasssssss.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.