Netbeans/Editor for cake php

Hey all ,i started using/learning cake two days back need an editor which meets this:

when i was using core php on netbeans (do not remember the settings i did with this), a click on the called function took me to the place/file where function was actually created, want the same kind of functionalities with cake too plz suggest what settings to change.Which version of netbeans should i use?And what are the relevent changes needed to be done. Thanks

Hey all ,i started using/learning cake two days back need an editor which meets this:

when i was using core php on netbeans (do not remember the settings i did with this), a click on the called function took me to the place/file where function was actually created, want the same kind of functionalities with cake too plz suggest what settings to change.Which version of netbeans should i use?And what are the relevent changes needed to be done. Thanks

i download netbeans for windows 7 64 bit free giving jdk error while i have already istalled jdk , i need to work only on cakephp/php not java

• 2 months later...

Netbeans has a PHP/HTML version which works great. I've been using it just for a few weeks and I'm converted.

Before that I would use jEdit or Textpad but neither of them have the jump-to-definition functionality you're describing.

We also have a thread devoted to editors, so check there.

You don't need a specific IDE for a specific framework, Cake or otherwise. While some IDEs include "support" for libraries and frameworks, after a decade I've yet to come across a framework that makes those features a significant accelerator. Pick your IDE based on your workflow. Just give a couple a good try, it's 90% preference when choosing between full-featured IDEs. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.