problems getting mysql, mysqli, and mcrypt to load

Hi All;

I am trying  to get some extensions to load in php 5.3.23. This was installed over 5.2.3 because 5.3 does not have an php5apache2_2.dll file. When I do a phpinfo mysql and mysqli do not show up. I have check the error logs and have seen the following, My OS is Win 7 64 bit.

[22-Mar-2013 12:06:07] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: mysql: Unable to initialize module

Module compiled with module API=20090626, debug=0, thread-safety=0
PHP    compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1
These options need to match
 in Unknown on line 0

[22-Mar-2013 12:06:07] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: mysqli: Unable to initialize module
PHP    compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1
These options need to match
 in Unknown on line 0

Then in apache error.log file I noticed this:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\PHP523\\ext\\php_mcrypt.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\PHP523\\ext\\php_mhash.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\PHP523\\ext\\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\PHP523\\ext\\php_mysqli.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\PHP523\\ext\\php_pdo_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

To me it looks like the double slashes might be the problem, but I don't know where to go to get rid of them, so am I on the right track, or is there something else wrong?

PHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1

You have the "thread-safe" version of PHP, but the not thread-safe version of mysql (and mysqli). They have to match. I don't know where you downloaded from, but there is a pretty good explanation here http://windows.php.net/download in the side bar "Which version do I choose?"

I'm not sure about the other modules, check and see if the dll's exist at the location specified in the error message. If not, you will need to get them or change the Apache configuration to look elsewhere. I don't think the double-slashes is a problem, but you can try fixing that in the Apache configuration as well (if the files do exist). If they are not in the config file that way, then it is probably a quirk in the error process.

I would fix the thread-safe issue, and then see if the errors go away. I'm not going to be much more help than this, I have only ever setup a WAMP server one time, and the install was flawless (I usually run on Linux). However, I read through that page the other day because I needed PHP (command-line) to run on a Windows box.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.