Imagecreatefromstring() function

aNubies

Alright im testing the imagecreatefromstring() function, but it always give me an error saying "data is not recognized format". This is base on my previous post that what i want to do is convert my .pix file which is a map file into a jpeg file.

I tried to read the stream before converting it into the function but no luck, same with file_get_contents but no luck also.

Help here please. Thank you in advance.

It would have been better if this post were in the same thread as your other one so people know what you are talking about.

However, I did read the other one.

What you will need to do, as the pix filetype is not one recognised by the GD library, is

• create a new gd image
  • read the pix file and get the colour values for each pixel (using the pix file format definition I pointed you to)
  • set the corresponding pixel value in the gd image
  • save gd image as jpeg

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.