Hello, I don't know very good PHP, I have a problem with send email. My hosting working smtp support but i didn't add it.

My function doing send recovery password.

How can i add smtp support?

function sendRecover($to, $title, $url, $from, $username, $salt) {

$headers  = 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n";
$headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";
$headers .= 'From: '.$title.' <'.$from.'>' . "\r\n";
$subject = 'Password Recovery - '.$title;
$message = 'A password recover was requested, if you didn\'t make this action please ignore this email. <br /><br />Your Username: <strong>'.$username.'</strong><br />Your Reset Key: <strong>'.$salt.'</strong><br /><br />You can reset your password by accessing the following link: <a href="'.$url.'/index.php?a=recover&r=1" target="_blank">'.$url.'/index.php?a=recover&r=1</a>';

return @mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
}
Edited by genxer

Im try with PhpMailler

Still not working.

function sendRecover($to, $title, $url, $from, $username, $salt) {
    require_once("class.phpmailer.php");
    $mail = new PHPMailer();

$mail->IsSMTP();                                   // send via SMTP
    $mail->Host     = "mail.site.com"; // SMTP servers
    $mail->SMTPAuth = true;     // turn on SMTP authentication
    $mail->Username = "site@site.com";  // SMTP username
    $mail->Password = "mypass"; // SMTP password
	$headers  = 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n";
	$headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";
	$headers .= 'From: '.$title.' <'.$from.'>' . "\r\n";
	$subject = 'Password Recovery - '.$title;
	$message = 'A password recover was requested, if you didn\'t make this action please ignore this email. <br /><br />Your Username: <strong>'.$username.'</strong><br />Your Reset Key: <strong>'.$salt.'</strong><br /><br />You can reset your password by accessing the following link: <a href="'.$url.'/index.php?a=recover&r=1" target="_blank">'.$url.'/index.php?a=recover&r=1</a>';
    $mail->From     = "site@site.com"; 
    $mail->Fromname = "Genxer";
    $mail->AddAddress = $from;
    $mail->Subject  =  $subject;
    $mail->Body     =  $message;
	return @mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
}

I don't have any experience with phpMailer, but I'am sure that you're trying to set up that function in wrong way.

If you want to set up the php mail function to use different mail servers using SMTP protocol you need to know few things.

1. What OS is running on the server

2. Under linux servers by default the php mail function uses a l sendmail inux client, so you need to create own sendmail configuration file(if you don't have any access to the server) setting its correct path into php.ini file.

3. On windows servers I don't know how to do this but I found this one on the web - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/112190/php-ini-smtp-how-do-you-pass-username-password

I don't have any experience with phpMailer, but I'am sure that you're trying to set up that function in wrong way.

If you want to set up the php mail function to use different mail servers using SMTP protocol you need to know few things.

1. What OS is running on the server

2. Under linux servers by default the php mail function uses a l sendmail inux client, so you need to create own sendmail configuration file(if you don't have any access to the server) setting its correct path into php.ini file.

3. On windows servers I don't know how to do this but I found this one on the web - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/112190/php-ini-smtp-how-do-you-pass-username-password

I hope so wrong way but i need try someting :)

My hosting Linux server, and my hosting provider said we are stopped SMTP on our IIS all hosting server if you want send email you must add SMTP support on your code like PHPmailler they send me a sample php mail form (PHPmailler).

How can i integrate it i dont know.

Ok, I wrote a simple script using the same logic as your.

Instead phpMailer I'm using another good php mail library - swiftMailer - http://swiftmailer.org/docs/sending.html

This test I have made it from my local linux server but using my remote google mail account.

Here is it:

<?php
require_once 'swiftmailer./lib/swift_required.php';

date_default_timezone_set('America/Toronto');

function sendRecover($to, $title, $url, $from, $username, $salt, $body) {
    $transport = Swift_SmtpTransport::newInstance('smtp.googlemail.com', 465, 'ssl')
  ->setUsername("yourName@gmail.com")
  ->setPassword("yourPassword");
  ;

// Create the Mailer using your created Transport
$mailer = Swift_Mailer::newInstance($transport);

// Create a message
$message = Swift_Message::newInstance($title)
  ->setContentType("text/html")
  ->setFrom(array($from))
  ->setTo(array($to))
  ->setBody($body)
  ;

// Send the message
$result = $mailer->send($message);

return $result;
}

$url = 'reset.com';
$username = 'jazzman';
$salt = md5('password');
$body= <<<EOT
A password recover was requested, if you didn't make this action please ignore this email. <br />
<br />Your Username: <strong>$username</strong><br />Your Reset Key: <strong>$salt</strong><br />
<br />You can reset your password by accessing the following link:
<a href="$url/index.php?a=recover&r=1" target="_blank">$url/index.php?a=recover&r=1</a>
EOT;

sendRecover('jazzman@gmail.com', 'Wonderful Subject', 'smtp.example.com', 'jazzman@localdomain.com', 'jazzman', $salt, $body);

Results:

A password recover was requested, if you didn't make this action please ignore this email.

Your Username: jazzman
Your Reset Key: 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99

You can reset your password by accessing the following link: reset.com/index.php?a=recover&r=1

Edited by jazzman1

Ok, I wrote a simple script using the same logic as your.

Instead phpMailer I'm using another good php mail library - swiftMailer - http://swiftmailer.org/docs/sending.html

This test I have made it from my local linux server but using my remote google mail account.

Here is it:

<?php
require_once 'swiftmailer./lib/swift_required.php';

date_default_timezone_set('America/Toronto');

function sendRecover($to, $title, $url, $from, $username, $salt, $body) {
    $transport = Swift_SmtpTransport::newInstance('smtp.googlemail.com', 465, 'ssl')
  ->setUsername("yourName@gmail.com")
  ->setPassword("yourPassword");
  ;

// Create the Mailer using your created Transport
$mailer = Swift_Mailer::newInstance($transport);

// Create a message
$message = Swift_Message::newInstance($title)
  ->setContentType("text/html")
  ->setFrom(array($from))
  ->setTo(array($to))
  ->setBody($body)
  ;

// Send the message
$result = $mailer->send($message);

return $result;
}

$url = 'reset.com';
$username = 'jazzman';
$salt = md5('password');
$body= <<<EOT
A password recover was requested, if you didn't make this action please ignore this email. <br />
<br />Your Username: <strong>$username</strong><br />Your Reset Key: <strong>$salt</strong><br />
<a href="$url/index.php?a=recover&r=1" target="_blank">$url/index.php?a=recover&r=1</a>
EOT;

sendRecover('jazzman@gmail.com', 'Wonderful Subject', 'smtp.example.com', 'jazzman@localdomain.com', 'jazzman', $salt, $body);

Results:

I added this code in my function.php but it have a syntax problem? Cause i saw an error. i don't understand. Can you send me full code on  .txt file?

Many thanks for all answer and help.

Edited by genxer

No problem.

When i add this code my web site is not working. Just blank white page i think for following line cause when delete it my code is normal not syntax error.

$body= <<<EOT
EOT;

Try to put a backslash before the first comma in the string,

$body=<<<EOT

A password recover was requested, if you didn\'t make this action please ignore this email. <br />

EOT;

Try to put a backslash before the first comma in the string,

$body=<<<EOT

A password recover was requested, if you didn\'t make this action please ignore this email. <br />

EOT;

I deleted this line just for test. But still blank white page... I think have different poblem

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.