Help testing a mobile site without uploading to a server

talk2toyin

Hi gurus, I am currently learning JQuery Mobile and I'd like to test how it will look like on a mobile phone without putting it online. I heard of mobile simulator for pc but, I don't know how to go about this. I use windows 7 OS on my pc. Any help will be much appreciated

There are mobile emulators, but I've never used them. But, you would have to have the site hosted somewhere, even if it is on your local environment, in order to use a simulator. You could just as easily open the site on an actual device in that environment.

In other words, if you are hosting the web site on a local install (e.g. XAMPP) and you have a mobile device that is on the same network, you could simply point the browser on your device to that machine, either by IP or computer name. E.g. http://192.168.1.125/mypage.php

OK, so you are running the site on your local machine. Is that machine connected to a network such as a router in your home? Can you connect your mobile device to that router via Wi-Fi? If so, then both devices will be on the same network and you can access the web pages from the PC on your mobile device by entering a URL that points to your PC. So, instead of using the URL http://localhost/mypage.php you would just replace the 'localhost' with the ip or computer name of the PC.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.