Efficient referencing in search engines with specific content displayed by default

phdphd
Go to solution Solved by phdphd,

Hi All,

(I apologize if I did not publish this post in the right section of the forum)

The index.html page of my site will be organized into tabs. One of them will contain an introduction to the web site, with as much descriptive information as possible for referencing purposes in search engines. Another tab will contain a search section enabling users to look for events. Since users -even users that never visited the site before- will probably want to make use of this search section without reading the introduction first, the tab containing the search section will be the default tab that displays on connecting to the site.

Does this approach negatively affect the referencing of the site in search engines ?

Thanks.

It doesn't make sense to have a search page be the homepage. Even if the homepage is a big wall of text, if the user wants to search and you make the search link prominent enough then they can just go directly to search. Meanwhile it doesn't confuse people who do want to read the introduction.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.