PHP and root?

Manixat
Go to solution Solved by jcbones,

Hello freaks,

I have been unsuccessfully trying to manage PHP to begin a path from the root directory. I have a structure like so

/ < ROOT

/Project/Public/Index.php

/Project/Public/Images/Image.png

/Project/Framework/Class.php

Index.php includes class.php which checks if image.png exists via file_exists() and does stuff. The problem is that this

file_exists("/Project/Public/Images/Image.png")

returns bool(false) and in order to get a bool(true) i need to start from "Images/Image.png", but then if I call the class from somewhere else this wouldn't work, I suppose?

The $_SERVER variables hold a lot of valuable information.  The document root is one of them.

You mean that I need to use the absolutely absolute path even beyond the htdocs folder?

EDIT: I never expected I would need to go any deeper than the htdocs but that worked! Thanks :P

Edited by Manixat

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.