Android Php web application

jackhard

Ok, so I am very new to android but I have some experience with PHP. I have a website for my college festival where there is a login system and registered users can take the quiz everything.( I am using Codeigniter as my PHP framework Now I have been asked to make an android app for the festival. So , my question is , How do I connect my android application to the stuff on my website.

For example: I have a login system on my website and I want to reflect the same functionality in my android app i.e How to send the username and password to be authenticated and how the request will be processed on the server side? How do I connect my android application to my database ?

Can anyone please point me in the right direction. Thank you very much.

P.S : Yes, I get that I can very easily just make a mobile version of the website as suggested by many people. But since I want to learn Android, I think this would be a good opportunity for me to do so.

http://www.hitechito.com/technology/php-framework/php-development/php-web-development.php
Edited by jackhard

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.