Implementing J-Query DatePicker

justlukeyou

The jQuery datepicker just enhances an existing input field and enables the user to easily enter a valid date. So, In terms of PHP, you just process the input as if there were no datepicker at all.  The end requirement is the same: the posted input must contain a valid date regardless of datepicker presence.

Or are you having problems getting the datepicker itself to work? (which is Javacript and not PHP related)

Do I need to wrap the code into an input box or do I use the existing input box?

What??

You just asked "Do I need an input box or an input box?"

If you can't read the PHP documentation, you won't understand jQuery's. It's not as easy as PHP's manual.

Hi,

I can use the jQuery code on a page but I cant insert the selected date into a table.

I am struggling to see how I can add a submit button to this code. Is this designed to be used with PHP?

<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8" />
<title>jQuery UI Datepicker - Default functionality</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://code.jquery.com/ui/1.10.2/themes/smoothness/jquery-ui.css" />
<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.9.1.js"></script>
<script src="http://code.jquery.com/ui/1.10.2/jquery-ui.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/resources/demos/style.css" />
<script>
$(function() {
$( "#datepicker" ).datepicker();
});
</script>
</head>
<body>
<p>Date: <input type="text" id="datepicker" /></p>
</body>
</html>

Hi,

Do I put this inside a form with a submit button.

Would I mark them startdate and endate?

<p>Date: <input type="text" name="startdate" id="datepicker" /></p>

<p>Date: <input type="text" name="enddate" id="datepicker" /></p>

Actually the first "datepicker" works, do i need set a unique datepicker for each time I want to use it?

<p>Start: <input type="text" name="startdate" id="datepicker" /></p>
<p>End: <input type="text" name="enddate" id="datepicker" /></p>

Brillant thanks,

It was actually much easier than I thought it was, however I am having problems creating two datepickers on the same page. I am trying to use datepicker and datepicker1 for the start and end date. However what configuration I try doesn't seem to work.

Can you advise how to use two functions on the same page?

<script>
$(function() {
});
$(function() {
$( "#datepicker1" ).datepicker1();
});
</script>
<script>
$(function() {
$( "#datepicker1" ).datepicker1();
});
</script>

The datepicker method is invoked as datepicker() regardless of the ID or selector that you pass to it. For example:

$('#datepicker1234657').datepicker(); // good - run datepicker on html element with ID "datepicker1234567"

$('#datepicker1').datepicker1(); // BAD - there is no method called datepicker1

That should be enough to get you going. As you learn more about jQuery (and the selectors it can use), you'll find ways to specify multiple elements to act upon:

$('#datepicker, #datepicker1').datepicker(); // run datepicker on HTML elements with ID "datepicker" or "datepicker1"

$('.datepicker').datepicker(); // run datepicker on all HTML elements with a class of "datepicker"

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.