Not all the picture folders are not showing in ie10 upload & bleepingcomputer.com

floridaflatlander

Has anyone had this problem that I solved(I hope) with bleepingcomputer.com

Whenever I tried to upload a photo here or at several other sites from my computer the picture folders wouldn't shown on this or several other sites in ie10, they worked fine with firefox. And yes I was always in the right folder and none of the folders were hidden.

On one of several searches ... "not all the picture folders are showing in ie10 upload" I got this

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10-windows_7/not-all-the-folders-are-showing-ie10/36835c45-afd9-4573-8ea1-658df0dd4368

then this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/unhide/

This link said ... "Unhide is a program that reverts back the changes made to your files and Windows Registry by the rogue.FakeHDD family of rogue anti-spyware program. This family of malware pretends to be a hard disk repair and system optimization program for Windows. In reality, though, these programs are computer infections that deliberately hide your files and change certain settings in the Windows Registry to make it appear that you have lost data on your hard drive. It will then prompt you to purchase the program to restore the data"

Running a full scan with Norton Security Suite did not help.

Now a week or so ago I did click a link to a site that said I need to run their software to clean my computer of viruses so maybe I got something there.

I ran the above from bleepingcomputer.com and ie upload now reads the photo folders.

So my question is

Has anyone had this problem or heard of it and how it you solve it?

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.