Error using font for title Forum, sub forum and topic title.

mostone

hello all :)
I want to ask :(

why my font doesnt work in my forum? (Error using font for title Forum, sub forum and topic title.)
before im using font type "spy agency" in my forum.

that font work only if in my computer/notebook. because before im install in my computer.

but in another computer/notebook, doesn't work. :(

why about this?? i need my font work in another computer,
although another computer not install my font. :(

more details about my problem you can see this picture:
ZPwdOxM.png

my forum:
http://astajim.indonesianforum.net/

please help me, please :(

thanks before :)

-------------------------------------------

note:

i need use font type spy agency

http://www.dafont.com/search.php?q=agency

and i dont know how to use ttf file :(

http://www.dafont.com/spy-agency.font?text=KICK+STARTER+SWAMI

please help me :(

That is because the HTML page is rendered on the client machine. If you specify a font, the browser will look for that font on the user's machine. If it doesn't find it, it will use a different font. You can specify several different fonts so that, if the primary one you wnat isn't found it will look for an alternative that you choose. But, it will be very unlikely that your users will have the font "spy agency" installed on their PCs

If your text MUST be displayed in a specific font, there are two options:

1. There are ways to download a font to the user's machine, but I've never been able to get it to work consistently. You can research this if you wish, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

2. Create an image of the text using the font. Then use the image on your page.

Edited by Psycho

hmm before i find this code mr.psycho
but i dont know this code work or not, because i dont know how to use this code (explore this code so this font can work) for title forum, title sub forum, topic title.

this code

@font-face {
           font-family: cool_font;
           src: url('cool_font.ttf');
        }

and this
        p.custom_font{
           font-family: cool_font; /* no .ttf */
        }

source this code:
http://www.howtoplaza.com/how-to-use-custom-fonts-on-your-website-with-css

this ttf link for spy agency
http://www.dafont.com/spy-agency.font?text=KICK+STARTER+SWAMI

please help me mrpsycho, please  :(

please help me mrpsycho, please  :(

Help you how? Are you saying you don't know how to use a style sheet? You will need to put the font on your server and them provide a URL to that font in your style sheet as provided in the example code you found on the first link. FYI: The page you linked to for the font states "Free for personal use". If you are using this font on a website,that may violate that requirement. So, you may need to buy a license for the font.

In any event you need to provide alternate fonts for the user to use. Even if downloading of fonts is supported you can't be guaranteed that it will necessarily work for all browsers and operating systems. For example, it may work on a PC but not a MAC. And, I would bet good money that a mobile device isn't going to download fonts. So, even if you can get this to work on your machine, be sure to define alternative fonts for the browser to use if it can't get the spy agency one to work.

Help you how? Are you saying you don't know how to use a style sheet? You will need to put the font on your server and them provide a URL to that font in your style sheet as provided in the example code you found on the first link. FYI: The page you linked to for the font states "Free for personal use". If you are using this font on a website,that may violate that requirement. So, you may need to buy a license for the font.

In any event you need to provide alternate fonts for the user to use. Even if downloading of fonts is supported you can't be guaranteed that it will necessarily work for all browsers and operating systems. For example, it may work on a PC but not a MAC. And, I would bet good money that a mobile device isn't going to download fonts. So, even if you can get this to work on your machine, be sure to define alternative fonts for the browser to use if it can't get the spy agency one to work.

You would laugh, it works on my mobile browser (Opera-based) but not on my Windows PC.

Best option would be to exploit the background-image feature of CSS for this...

hii mr.psychro, in my mobile version, my font spy agency out. like samsung galaxy tab 10.1, samsung galaxy not and other.

and not out in my windows PC

true to say mr.irate

Do you have a solution

maybe like this

how to change font on forum title with image picture (font picture)??

examples like this. if use font image (im edit in photoshop)

CKaLs7H.png

AOLeuCZ.png

please help me for this problem mr.psycho, please :(

my forum:

http://astajim.indonesianforum.net/

+1 to this. Google Web Fonts makes it really easy to embed them, and they generally look pretty consistent across all browsers and operating systems.

but I am looking for a font "spy agency" in google font, not found. :(

this font-face is indeed working on Google Chrome, but doesn't work on Firefox

I am frustrated with this. -_-

but I am looking for a font "spy agency" in google font, not found. :(

Instead of searching the font name "spy agency", browse the fonts and look for a similar looking font.  It could be named something completely different.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.