I need a checkbox stay checked and ...

DanMat

If it is checked to remember a js function action. Ok so what do I mean by that.. I'll make a short fiddle without my css.

http://jsfiddle.net/melbourne/s5AXZ/

I can make the box stay checked with some html like 

value="forever" checked="checked" 

but it is pointless cause it doesnt remember about the js.

Also this is on my comments page so would be nice to remember the after the user either submits a comment or refreshes the page. 
I saw this could accomplish what I need on posting

<input type="checkbox" name="check" value="checked" <?php if($_POST['check'] == 'checked'): ?>checked="checked"<?php endif; ?> />

but still.. doesn't trigger the js function with checkbox checked. 
Any way of doing that? 

Hope I am clear enough. I am kinda tired after a long day and Im poppin words without thinking about too much on the sentence.

My other options would be to submit comments via ajax and aswell showing new comments via ajax ( like twitter ) but.. there's some work there too. Hoping to fix this first. 

Thanks a bunch. 

I am sorry if I don't understand your problem right, but my opinion is that you would like to use cookies. If it is some info that you need to preserve for a user, put that value in a cookie and check for that cookie on page load and ofcourse if you find the needed value do whatever you need to do with that.

Actually, local storage is a replacement for cookies that can be used for storage for javascript. Cookies are becoming outdated with javascript now.

I agree, but You will need a fallback for olderbrowsers (if you support them, iex. IE7).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.