Mysql query problem

krisdmd

Hello,

I have a table called profiles.

I have 3 colums, id,property,value

The property has the items name,rating,birthday and the column value holds the value of each property.

Now i want to order my results by the property rating and value Desc.

I'm stuck here how i can do this ? Can anyone helps me with that ?

Sure you can. How do you expect to use a table that has data just smushed together? As you are discovering, it sort of eliminates all the benefits of a relational database

Edited by Jessica

you can store your data on your server any way you want. it does not matter what format it is received/retrieved as. you store it so that it makes sense for how you are going to use it and trying to efficiently search for properties by it's name, rating, birthday, or value requires that each of those values be stored in separate columns (unless of course your assignment is to show that you can come up with the query necessary to solve this, in which case you should be attempting to do this yourself rather than asking on a help forum.)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.