Installation Problem!

BREZ

Grafxsoftware appears to no longer support their scripts. or at least they are not answering my requests for the past month, plus their support forum has disappeared.

I am attempting to install a clean version of their G-Dating script without success.

Warning: include_once(/home/myirishm/public_html/G-Dating/language/0.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/myirishm/public_html/G-Dating/index.php on line 31

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/myirishm/public_html/G-Dating/language/0.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/myirishm/public_html/G-Dating/index.php on line 31

Warning: include_once(/home/myirishm/public_html/G-Dating/language/0.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/myirishm/public_html/G-Dating/include/adsfunctions.php on line 18

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/myirishm/public_html/G-Dating/language/0.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/myirishm/public_html/G-Dating/include/adsfunctions.php on line 18
ERROR: Nothing parsed, nothing printed
Invalid query
SELECT * FROM `dating_country` WHERE `id` IN ()
MySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

Index.php file attached

index.php

did you read the error messages and TRY to determine why the errors are occurring on your server?

does the path and filename listed in the first error exist? i find it hard to believe that they would have a language file named 0.inc.php. the LANG defined constant is apparently a 0 (but could be evaluated as zero value if it is not defined.) LANG is apparently defined in the

config.inc.php file. is it?

The problem starts with the installation on a fresh domain and the error log is showing blank.

0.inc.php is not a file in the LANG.

The config.inc.php is not defining the LANG.

<?php

/*

######### ### GRAFX ONLINE DATING BUILDER #################

############################################################

DATING    $Name$

Revision  $Revision: 8961 $

Author   $Author: lvalics $

Created 03/01/03        $Date: 2008-03-19 07:25:28 +0000 (Wed, 19 Mar 2008) $

Writed by               GraFX (webmaster@grafxsoftware.com)

Scripts Home:           http://www.grafxsoftware.com

File purpose

* CONFIG FILE

*/

// define your database informations

define( "DB_USR", "myirishm_XXXXXXXX" );

define( "DB_PWD", "XXXXXXXXXX" );

define( "DB_NAME", "myirishm_XXXXXX" );

define( "DB_HOST", "localhost" );

$dir =  str_replace("\\","/",dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']));

if (substr($dir,-1)!="/")

$dir.= "/";

if (!strstr(PHP_OS, 'WIN')) define("SEPARATOR", "/");

else define("SEPARATOR", "\\");

// define where you index.php URL is, usually is http://www.yourdomain.com

define( "INDEX_URL", "http://www.WEBSITE.com/G-Dating/" );

$license="";

@include_once("defines.inc.php");

@include_once("tmp/extraconfig.inc.php");

?>

did you check and answer this question -

does the path and filename listed in the first error exist?

the php warning and lack of a matching language file might be the expected operation that the authors of the script intended, but that they didn't write the script to handle the condition properly and your system is displaying all the errors the code produces when it runs.

you are having a series of basic errors when running a third party script. based on the code posted so far, it is poorly written and its lack of support by the authors speaks for itself. if you don't have any basic php coding and troubleshooting skills to attempt to track down the cause of any of these problems yourself, you need to hire a programmer as it's not this forum's job to find and fix a series of errors for you in some third party script.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont believe i ever asked anyone to solve my errors.

I mentioned i am not up on PHP, so if i hired a programmer to fix my script, i would not only be missing the chance to learn how to fix it, i really dont believe my pension would stretch that far!

Basically, i was really asking what other .php files would determine the LANG so i could go and fix it myself.

and, as for some third party script, perhaps i misread both the Heading and subheading of this forum!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.