Multiple insert problem

MicroShaft

Im trying to insert 1080 records into mysql.

I extract the raw data from a table. place into a array. which is then split into an array (each element containing a record)

I run a FOR loop to insert into the db.

The problem: Only 855 records seem to get inserted : with no errors

$thedata_rawL1=explode("\n",$thedata_raw);

foreach ($thedata_rawL1 as $v) 
{

$sql_insertloop="INSERT INTO ori_data (LOAD_ID,THEDATA) Values('$new_LOAD_ID','$v')";

$change_rs = mysql_db_query("originsuk",$sql_insertloop,$connect);
}

Can any one shed some light why i can only enter 855 when i have over 1000. I dont get no error messages.

im using mysql 4 with php 4

there were probably some duplicate keys that you aren't aware of. are the two tables different in structure?

also, you wouldn't need to use a loop to copy tables, all you need is the INSERT INTO ... SELECT query

[!--sql--][div class=\'sqltop\']SQL[/div][div class=\'sqlmain\'][!--sql1--][span style=\'color:blue;font-weight:bold\']INSERT[/span] INTO ori_data (LOAD_ID,THEDATA) [span style=\'color:blue;font-weight:bold\']SELECT[/span] field1,field2 FROM table2 [!--sql2--][/div][!--sql3--]

there were probably some duplicate keys that you aren't aware of. are the two tables different in structure?

also, you wouldn't need to use a loop to copy tables, all you need is the INSERT INTO ... SELECT query

[!--sql--][div class=\'sqltop\']SQL[/div][div class=\'sqlmain\'][!--sql1--][span style=\'color:blue;font-weight:bold\']INSERT[/span] INTO ori_data (LOAD_ID,THEDATA) [span style=\'color:blue;font-weight:bold\']SELECT[/span] field1,field2 FROM table2 [!--sql2--][/div][!--sql3--]

314183[/snapback]

Okay, i just done some investigation. The raw data was originally posted via text area to the db. the data was pasted into a text area. for some reason even though a 1000 rows were pasted into the text area only 855 got inserted into the db which is a memo field.

so the multiple insert was right.

Now any ideas why the text area only inserted 855 rows into the memo field

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.