Client Upload.

Hazukiy
Go to solution Solved by trq,

Hi, there's a site I saw which allows it's users to upload a link that will be implemented to the site. Now I was wondering but how would you do this in PHP? 

To elaborate I would like it so that the user can upload a link and it'll implement it on the site through php?

So for example I want to add a link to the site WITHOUT having any kind of login required, so something like "www.google.com" and after it'll appear on the site under a list. How would I make it so it does this function? Thanks.

• Solution

This is quite simple.

A user submits a form to a php script that saves the forms contents (the link) to a database.

You then have another script that queries that database and displays all this data (links).

If you don't know how work with forms, insert data into a database or how to read data out of a database I suggest you start here and here.

In fact that entire book is a good read for beginners. http://www.tuxradar.com/practicalphp

This is quite simple.

A user submits a form to a php script that saves the forms contents (the link) to a database.

You then have another script that queries that database and displays all this data (links).

If you don't know how work with forms, insert data into a database or how to read data out of a database I suggest you start here and here.

In fact that entire book is a good read for beginners. http://www.tuxradar.com/practicalphp

Thanks a lot for the links, I'll get started on reading these ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.