how to edit,delete records from 1 common place ?

RroniDT

Hi guys how are you today, well my question would be : 

Is there any possibility to make one common place for editing or deleting records from table which shows records from database(mysql).. 

what im trying to do is something like this on screenshot :

http://i.imgur.com/zjsvor8.png

(screen shot isn't from my project, but i'm trying to do it on my php project..)

as u can see in screenshot there is a option buttons in the right corner for each record from database, so what am i trying to do is that when u click on one option button then u click edit or delete it must be take action of that particular record and edit or delete that !.

To show my records on my php project i'm using this code :

<?php
require_once "db.php";
$result = mysql_query("select p_id, p_name, p_lastname, p_parentname, p_age from pacient");
while ($row = mysql_fetch_row($result) ) {
echo "<TR><TH>ID<TH>Name<TH>Last Name<TH>Parent Name<TH>Age<TH>";
echo "<tr><td>";
echo("$row[0]");
echo("</td><td>");
echo("$row[1]");
echo("</td><td>");
echo("$row[2]");
echo("</td><td>");
echo("$row[3]");
echo("</td><td>");
echo("$row[4]");
echo("</td><td>");

?>

So guys how can i make on this code an option buttons for every record on right corner of them, and then 2 buttons, one for edit and one for delete and make them do an particular action ! (editing,or deleting depends on users choice..)

Thanks i appreciate your help !

Edited by RroniDT

rough idea...

new html table column ACTION

each cell in the column will have the words EDIT DELETE

the words will link to an edit or delete script. the link will pass the ID value of the data

use GET in the edit or delete scripts. then take the appropriate action

rough idea...

new html table column ACTION

each cell in the column will have the words EDIT DELETE

the words will link to an edit or delete script. the link will pass the ID value of the data

use GET in the edit or delete scripts. then take the appropriate action

hmm if u think something like this i've already made it :

http://i.imgur.com/u4QfbVS.png

but im trying to do this stuff :

http://i.imgur.com/zjsvor8.png

can anybody help me pls :S

There are plenty of solutions, but I'll give you a hint for the best one: Radio buttons.

I would also suggest reading up more on HTML, especially forms, and how PHP receives/treats user input. Once you've got the prerequisite knowledge, solving this will be easy.

There are plenty of solutions, but I'll give you a hint for the best one: Radio buttons.

I would also suggest reading up more on HTML, especially forms, and how PHP receives/treats user input. Once you've got the prerequisite knowledge, solving this will be easy.

so any concrete solution with radio buttons ? (the code)..

We don't write the code for you, that's your job. We're here to give advice and help people learn, not work for free. I've given you what you need to be able to figure this one out on your own, all you need to do is to read, think, and try. ;)

Should you happen to get stuck on something, please feel free to post what you've done, explain what you're stuck on, and why. Then I'm sure someone will be along to help you get over that hurdle, or offer a tip on how to improve it so that you can avoid said problem.

Good luck!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.