I can't get simple redirect to work

Go to solution Solved by floridaflatlander,

I can't get this simple redirect to work

I put it at the beginning of a page to make sure all the needed session are present.

I think the problem is in the user agent, I take that out and it works

Say it's on website/member/index.php?id=1 and I change the user agent it doesn't redirect. It gives me a "This page can't be displayed" error on the same page website/member/index.php?id=1.

function user_loggedin($home){
//if ($_SESSION['agent'] != md5($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) echo  'NO Match'; else echo 'Match'; // for testing
// If not fully logged in with required Sessions redirect
if (!isset($_SESSION['id_member']) OR !isset($_SESSION['id_group']) OR !isset($_SESSION['agent']) OR ($_SESSION['agent'] != md5($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']))) {
 header("Location: $home/members/login.php");
 exit(); // Quit the script.
}
}

Thanks

Edited by floridaflatlander

• Solution

Thanks for the reply ginerjm, no the conditions on the member page worked, the redirect also worked. The problem was on the login page if there was a session member id it would redirect back to the member page, the page the first redirect came from.

I added ($_SESSION['agent']  == md5($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) to the condition on the login page and it worked.

Thanks again

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.