Font filling in on nav bar

carter90

Hi,

I am having trouble with a font that I have added to a wordpress site. For some reason whatever I try with font-weight an font-style etc. The font is filling in. I have attached a couple of screenshots so you know what I mean. 

The css I put in for the nav bar is below. Any ideas?

#nav ul li, #nav ul li a, #nav .megamenu ul.sub-menu li.menu-item-custom-content p {

font-family:Glowworm; 
font-weight:normal;
font-style:normal;

}

post-148463-0-64265700-1374659229_thumb.png

post-148463-0-50029800-1374659241_thumb.png

Yeah, it's not clear which one you think is correct or not. The one on the right looks correct based upon the images that Google brings up for that font. It looks terrible in pink, but those artifacts are meant to give the font characters a 3d appearance: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgq6BU9gmxlArNxmNqD8dFA8pBoBip8War-Qs2mG1sYNQsvpM8-g

But, this is a non-standard font and probably doesn't have the available character sets to be displayed in italic or other modified states. So, when you try to apply those properties, the computer is trying to dynamically adjust the font based upon its best "guess" resulting in the unintended output. If that's the case, not much you can do unless you can find a similar font with italic characters in it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.