New to PHP, Require Forum help, Please reply.

Shaan

Hi, my name is Shaan. I joined this forum to learn PHP language as I am clearly new to it.

I was wondering if anyone could please tell me in which section do I post general PHP

questions, for example Questions like website like Facebook, where do Facebook stores 

all of the images and pictures thats get uploaded on the website. I have heard that they do not

store the uploaded images to the database but someone else. Could anyone please tell me in

which section do I post question like this. Sorry this is a first forum I have joined ever which

is why I am a bit confused.

Regards

Shaan 

• 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure that Facebook will store the user images inside specific folders and stores just the file path to the database, just like devhinge086 posted. That will save a lot of space inside the db since BLOBs aren't the most small datatypes compared to a VARCHAR or TEXT

Welcome to phpfreaks!!

In general, storing images in the database is more trouble than it is worth, and NOT what a database server is designed to do.

To answer your actual question:

General questions about application DESIGN should be posted in the Applications Design Forum.

Questions about specific problems you are having with PHP code would go in the PHP Coding Help Forum.

There are several other forums for more specific questions: Database/SQL, Client Side (CSS, HTML, JavaScript), and so forth.

Just look through the list and find something specific to the question or issue you have. IMHO, choose the MORE specific forum rather than the LESS specific; as long as it fits the issue. Picking the "right" forum can help you get answers more quickly; since someone who is not highly proficient in say, JavaScript, may never look in the JavaScript forum, so they wouldn't see a question there about MSSQL.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.