Generating reports from MySQL database table?

rockman

Hey all I was wondering what are my options for generating a report? I developed the database and the table in myphpadmin and I was wondering what were the common tools to gernate reports that only pull specific info from the form data?

My boss wants reports that also show what images a user uplaods, I'm a bit confused about how to go about doing this since I just started out and am a Junior Dev. I figured report generations were handled through Access and whatever admins have access to the databases. I did try to find some tutorials so I can run through them, but everything I find is suggesting actual management programs and report generating programs. I'll be setting this up over the weekend it looks like. And I would to learn this and grow.

Thank you for your time.

What trq said. Here's a starter program:

0. Sounds like you need to work on your SQL skills. Head over to SQLZoo.

1. Install a free program such as SQLyog community edition or HeidiSQL (Win) or SequelPro (OSX) and run some queries against your database. Once you have the queries you need,

2. Make a "Run My Query" button on a page, check for "Run My Query" in the POST data, execute the query, display the results.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.