My Business is off the ground... Need Critique

AV1611

http://hydrogen.webhostfreaks.com/~baptlcom/bible/

It's was in his profile.

Here we go....

--Your Page has no title
--I'm not going to tell you to get rid of the iframes, I personally dislike them, but at least put the most active one (the bottom one) at the top of the page for better navigation
--Just from a marketing standpoint, what is differentiating your site from Bible Gateway or Blue Letter Bible or sites like that?
--due to navigation, nobody can bookmark any specific parts of your page
--your search and menus need some help, I should be able to select all my options and hit go and come up with what I want, not wait through 3 seperate menu selections
--you have the domain name, but it forwards to this webhost freaks site, do frame forwarding so it looks like that are still at baptistrevival.com to add credibility.

That covers the basics.

[quote author=mb81 link=topic=115846.msg472175#msg472175 date=1164219887]

--I'm not going to tell you to get rid of the iframes, I personally dislike them, but at least put the most active one (the bottom one) at the top of the page for better navigation

[/quote]

who does not hate iframes?

I appear to be just getting a page with the date, time and a few details about my ISP on a blue background. Oh, and there appears to be, what looks like, a bible quote on there too. Am I missing something, or is the site down?

Please stay on topic swiss73. (I personally don't hate iFrames - They're useful at times.)

Sorry about the confusion.

www.blmservices.com
and
blmservices.com
should both be the same site.

I have a virtual site at the same IP at amdlinux.blmservices.com which is a test page with some IP info, etc.

I was working on the name server over the weekend, and may have caused some of the problems posted SA.

Please let me know if I have my act together now... Sorry for the mix up.

• 5 weeks later...
well .. the site looks ok .. the colours are ok .. not disturbing ... i would say too little info .. gives the impresion of a very small bussines .. so no credibility .. but dont try to fill that with fairy tales ...

My only real Critique ...

EXACTLY IN THE WEBDESIGN PAGE ... YOU HAVE 3 LINKS ON THE LEFT ... WICH WHEN YOU READ THE TEXT .. YOU READ THOSE TOO THINKING ITS PART OF THE TEXT BUT BAD ALLIGNEMNT

SO I WOULD SAY ... THE SPACE BETWEEN THE LINKS AND THE TEXT SHOULD BE BIGGER HERE ( AND IN THE FORM PAGE EARLYER MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD ... SMALLER ) AND TRY TO MAKE SOMETHING TO MAKE THOSE LINKS LOOK DIFFERENT FROM THE TEXT ( INFO ) .. AT LEAST DIFFERENT COLOR IF NOT BUTTONS.

i HOPE THIS WILL DO :)

Oh, well I feel silly  ;D I was looking at the wrong link.
On that website, I would have to say maybe a little less shadow on the buttons, and no shadow for the images. But, that's just my humble opinion.

Good site! It's lacking in something though...... I personally think Flash would look good in the banner, but I know many people don't like flash.

Good job though!  ;D

Overall it seems nice. Simple and easy on the eyes.

I broke your contact form these are the errors I get:
[code]
Notice: Undefined variable: mesmsg in /var/www/html/send.php on line 18

Notice: Undefined variable: mesname in /var/www/html/send.php on line 19

Notice: Undefined variable: mesemail in /var/www/html/send.php on line 20
You entered an invalid email address
[/code]

On your webdesign section you have centered hyperlinks on the left, I'd like to see those as left aligned. Perhaps dress them up a little bit too.

Footer:
  - I'd align them to the bottom. As there seems to be too much white space between your copyright and the bottom edge.
  - Do you need your address on every page?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.