session is displaying error after execution

Pawan_Agarwal
Go to solution Solved by Pawan_Agarwal,

I am working on a code that will help me in creating and maintaining the session on webpage. When the customer visits the page the session must become active and increase the counter by one. I am able to do that. But, when the customer visits that page again, session_start() has been called again and it provided a warning. 

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php:13) in C:\xampp\htdocs\counter.php on line 2

so, what can I do to omit this warning

After visiting the page the session gets created and it does not updates further but it gives the above listed warning , looking for a quick answer .................

It looks like you've already posted a topic about this issue.

You may want to reconsider your approach to this entire situation.

However, to answer your question, you can suppress warnings generated by a function by placing this @ symbol in front of it, e.g:

@session_start();

You can also handle this by modifying your error reporting levels.

In the long run, this is never the best practice. Just suppressing errors because of a poor design concept isn't recommended, ever.

Edited by 0xMatt

the code is not displaying error , however ,  the condition is true and it is updating database, it is not considering it as false, here is the code for you.......

if(!isset($_SESSION['__name__']))
{
global $total;
$_SESSION['__name__']="Guest";
$total=$total+1;
$result = mysql_query("UPDATE visitors SET TOTAL='$total'") ;
}

the session creates successfully and it updates the value in database as soon as i refresh the page............i don't know why it is not halting when there is no error or warning in the code...........

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.