Date with more than 24hours

moisesbr

Hi

I am using command below to get datetime and storing it to varchar type field.

$datetime = $today[mday].'/'.$today[mon].'/'.$today[year].'    '.$horaReal.':'.$today[minutes].':'.$today[seconds];

I notice that I have error dates with more than 24 hours. e.g: 26:04.

Moises

Thanks, I am new to php and a bit confuse.

I remember someone had advised me to insert it at varchar field, perhaps because I was not managing to insert it in a datatime field. 

As a matter of fact, isn't there a ready date_time() function in php as we have in other languages ?

Moises

Look for where you are putting values greater than 24 into your $horaReal variable.

Barand

I was look at $horaReal origin and found out the error.

$today = getdate();

$num = (int)$today[hours];

$horaReal = $num +4;

The + 4 increment is to solve a time difference, but I suppose it does not treat it as expected.

Is there a better way to sum time to hour ?

Moises

MySQL has a lot of functions dealing with dates and times.  So, if you are storing dates and/or times in MySQL, then you should really store them in the proper column types.

Date is for storing ONLY date info.

DateTime is for storing dates and times, keeping the data as you insert it.

Timestamp converts the data to UTC time, then converts it back to your current timezone upon retrieval.

Along with all of these functions http://http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/date-and-time-functions.html, it makes no sense to store dates in a varchar field.

Edited by jcbones

I tried:

$datetime_in = new DateTime("now"); 

When try to insert   $datetime into datetime field of a mysql table, have error message:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class DateTime could not be converted to string in /home/monitorr/public_html/reembolso1.php on line 279

Tried to converto to;    $datetime_in->format("Y-m-d H:i:s"); , but there is no point.

I finally managed to insert datetime in a real datetime field in table, using a different approach:

date_default_timezone_set('America/Sao_Paulo');
$datetime_in = date('m/d/Y h:i:s a', time());

However time is 2 hours less than Sao Paulo time.

Is there any issue regarding date_default_timezone_set fuction ?

Moises

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.