Is there any way to decrypt a password in phpmyadmin

DeathStar

[quote author=DeathStar link=topic=115877.msg522506#msg522506 date=1170760573]
ahh well...

but will a password encrypted in md5 at one site be the same as a password encrypted in md5 at another??
is all the encryptions the same?
[/quote]Only if they don't use a salt (almost all do)

Look it's obvious that you want to trick people into registering on your site so that you can try to steal their passwords and use them to access their accounts on other sites. You're not going to be able to do it though so stop asking how. This site isn't for finding ways to crack into people's accounts.

[quote author=DeathStar link=topic=115877.msg522589#msg522589 date=1170769330]
:o :o :o NOoooo..
im NOT trying to do that!

just wanted to know because i cant make a script for retriving passwords..
and i use email registration!! (some ppl dont get their email...)[/quote]

In any system with "good" security, no one has access to the password, not even the administrator. If you cannot use email to send a new/temporary password to the user when they forget, then you should have them answer a security question or questions (e.g. mother's maiden name, city born in, etc.). then when they forget their password you can have then answer their security question(s). If correct, give then a new/temporary password.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote author=DeathStar link=topic=115877.msg522589#msg522589 date=1170769330]
:o :o :o NOoooo..
im NOT trying to do that!

just wanted to know because i cant make a script for retriving passwords..
and i use email registration!! (some ppl dont get their email...)

[/quote]Then just have it make an entry in the database with a variable, and their account name, and send them a link they can click on, and then have them type in their account name, and a new password.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.