php auto login help

djkmvermont

I currently have a dating website that was designed with open source software using the datemill etano php scripting. I installed AJAX Chat within the site. The current set up requires for a user to log in separately once into the main website itself and then a second time for them to be able to utilize the chat. The etano software stores the user names and passwords in a mysql database. The AJAX software stores the user data in a php file.

I would like for the website to be setup for the members to only have to log into the main site and when the chat platform is launched for it to be able to use the user data from the mysql database and auto login. Could someone help me design a script and re-write some of the php coding to allow for my members to be able to do this? Thank you in advance for your help.

I would be happy to pay someone for this help or intergrating it into my site.

Regards,

David

I currently have a dating website that was designed with open source software using the datemill etano php scripting. I installed AJAX Chat within the site. The current set up requires for a user to log in separately once into the main website itself and then a second time for them to be able to utilize the chat. The etano software stores the user names and passwords in a mysql database. The AJAX software stores the user data in a php file.

I would like for the website to be setup for the members to only have to log into the main site and when the chat platform is launched for it to be able to use the user data from the mysql database and auto login. Could someone help me design a script and re-write some of the php coding to allow for my members to be able to do this? Thank you in advance for your help.

I would be happy to pay someone for this help or intergrating it into my site.

Regards,

David

Also another thought is if I were to take the php file for the chat site that stores the user names and passwords would there be a way when someone launches the chat for it to verify the information against the php file and auto login if it finds the information in the php file?

Edited by djkmvermont

• 3 weeks later...

ok first to dispell some myths you seem to have

1) the ajax software doesn't store the data into a php file, it stores it in a sql database and things like usernames or user ID's are stored in a cookie

2) during login a cookie is set, either a normal cookie or a session cookie. Cookie setting must be done before any other html is sent, else the cookie will not set.

3) if said software prints or echoes html in the script before the cookie is set, then chances are you are better off writing the script from scratch, because it will most likely take longer to integrate both softwares, then to rewrite the entire dating site (regardless of whether someone is familiar with etano or not)

would be happy to help you with this problem, but alas I do not live in Vermont. I reside in the Netherlands.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.