How to correctly structure php file

pascal_22
Go to solution Solved by BorysSokolov,

Hi everyone.

I create a website and now i want to optimize it and well structure it. Actually, all php file are in root directory and i want to well structure it.

Is there a better way to structure it? i mean, include file should be with or not with display php page?, And what about processing page that validate form and inserting/update row in database then redirect to another page... they should be in their own folder?

Thanks for your help.

Pascal

• Solution

The general rule is to separate the logic from the markup. As far as file structure goes, there isn't a single, definite way. Commonly, the index would be in the root directory, and the includes, stylesheets, javascript, and any additional files would be divided into separate folders.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.