Which framework is suitable for me ?

ankur0101

Hi,

I am going to build a bus ticket booking application. I am very much familiar with Codeigniter and used in 8 projects.

But FuelPHP and latest trend of Laravel are knocking my heart. I have learned FuelPHP and Laravel but not yet build any app.

Ellis lab dis-counted the support and development for CI, hence it is half dead as community is still active. But now I want to try something new so which of the following is perfect for bus booking application ?

FuelPHP or Laravel ?

While reading their Docs, I think FuelPHP is easy compared to Laravel. But if Laravel is going to give more advantages, I will go for it.

personally i am in the same boat as you. I am working with symfony 2 and loving it, but am looking to play with a new framework. The only thing putting me off laravel is that there is no big community behind it at the moment, and i am worried if i run with it that it could die off in the next year. Hopefully not though

Laravel is much better designed than Laravel IMO, and the community (while small) is super active, helpful and excited about the project.

We are banking quite a bit on Laravel at work, and I have really started investing plenty of time into it myself. IMO, it is one of the more exciting projects around.

I guess that is its one drawback at the moment though. The docs are still lacking. There is heaps in the code base that isn't documented.

Having said that though, there irc channel is awesome and I have rarely been left stuck.

You can't judge a book by its cover.

I did't say that I dont like Laravel because of its website design.

I was talking about their website designs, look and feel.

There is not much I like about Fuel as a framework.

I would like to know why PHP experts are giving thumb up to Laravel than any other framework. All people are talking about how good is laravel on many forums but none of the gave exact reason.

I would like to know why PHP experts are giving thumb up to Laravel than any other framework. All people are talking about how good is laravel on many forums but none of the gave exact reason.

Because, IMO, its a well designed framework. It leverages a lot of the hard work done by the Symfony project under the hood, while building a well rounded API over the top.

In short, it has a great deal of power, functionality and flexibility when you need it, but gets out of your way when and where you need it to.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.