Issues moving a shopping cart to new hosting

Ricky55
Go to solution Solved by Ricky55,

Hi,

A developer who I no longer work with created a site for me a couple of years ago using a shopping cart called StoreSprite.

I've been on the StoreSprite website and their forum is no longer allow folks to register so I'm rather stuck.

I'm no developer by any means but I've done everything I think of.

The cart uses the Zend Optimiser and I've checked that this is installed. I've pointed the site to the new database.

When I visit the site all I get is a blank screen, no errors nothing!

I've even tried deleting the DB and I still only get this far so its not even getting to this stage.

Can you guys suggest anything that I might try? the URL for what its worth is abs-ics.co.uk

Cheers in hope.

• Solution

Thanks man. I checked the server logs and they were reporting a fatal error. It turned out that the files were becoming corrupt in the download / upload process. I think this is down to the odd characters some of the encrypted code uses.

A way around this is to use binary mode in your FTP client or in my case I used the server to create a zip file back up that I uploaded to the new server without uncompressing which worked for me.

Thanks for the help. Hope someone finds this useful, I lost quite a few hours to this. Live and learn and all that.

Cheers

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.