Oracle Certified Associate, MySQL 5

Eiolon

I apologize if this is not the appropriate forum but it being MySQL related I'll post it here.

I am interested in attempting to get certified in MySQL and am looking at the beginning test:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=5001&get_params=p_exam_id:1Z0-870&p_org_id=&lang=

Has anyone here taken this exam?  I see the exam topics and am wondering how deep and complex it gets or if it's more surface material.  Any examples of what to look for?  Are questions adaptive? 

I have no formal training of MySQL but I've been using it daily for the last 5 years so I am just trying to judge if I stand a shot as it is or if I need to do some hard studying / labs. 

Thanks.

I've not taken it, but looking at the topics I would imagine if you have 5 years of experience and are reasonably versed in the various topics then you should be able to pass it fine. Probably the most important bit to be comfortable with would be how to use the various types of JOINs to achieve desired results, not only with select statements but update/delete as well. Also knowledge of various syntax such as INSERT INTO blah SET ..., INSERT INTO ... SELECT, etc.

The import/export sections probably deal with things like LOAD DATA and selecting to an OUTFILE, as well as possibly mysqldump. Take a moment to make sure you review those. The tables section of the data definition portion might dabble into things like PARTITIONING and different storage engines and their capabilities, a quick review of those may be useful.

Overall though based on the info available, after 5 years of experience, and a day skimming/reviewing the manual you should be capable of passing the test without much issue. I'd feel comfortable taking it in such a situation.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.