How to create simple CMS without database

Rita_Ruah

There really is no way to provide a good answer because without knowing all the details of what EXACTLY you need there's no way to provide any guidance. For example, if all you need to allow is modification of text on existing pages you could probably build something yourself. And, doing that with flat-files is an acceptable solution, in my opinion.. However, if you need to allow changes to styles of that text it gets a little more complicated. And, if you need to allow changes to positioning, images, etc. it gets even more complicated.

I want to create a simple cms with a simple backoffice so that my parents can use it to add posts to their online cooking book.

As I love new ideas, I would want to create a simple cms that instead of a database would use a xml file or something.

What main features should I seek, in my head:

- 2 or 3 templates

- Security (Admin login)

- Simple way to add posts

- Simple way to edit css (when saving it would save a new css file)

Thanks for your feedback

You can make a simple backoffice scenario just as easy with a db, if not easier than with flat files.  A secure login system is much harder to achieve with out a db.  Is there a specific reason you don't want to use a db?  You could use a prebuilt system like wordpress if you just need simple blog posting and file editing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.