Transfer/Download Website To Localhost - Urgent

I am in the process of updating a website for a client. Unfortunately, the web editor (Webby 4.1) provided through the hosting company is making the task incredibly difficult. On top of that, the client asked that the website remain unaffected through the updating process. I don't have a lot of time at my disposal and I'm not sure what to do. It seems like the only option is to download each of the files individually, since there is no option to download an entire directory. What do? Is there any way I could transfer the website to my localhost?

Edited by BorysSokolov

What you can do depends on what kind of access you have. If you have FTP/SSH/SFTP/SCP access you should be able to download the entire site easily. If you can upload PHP scripts, you can create a script to zip all the files into an archive and download that. If all you have is the hosts's tools you're at the mercy of what they can do.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.