newhip
Go to solution Solved by jazzman1,

Ok I have a problem... My sever has a max_file_upload of 2mb that can't be modified. I need to load larger files than that through a form and not a client like filezila or wtv.

I've looked through so many documents looking to find the answer and have found none. Does anyone know how this can be done? I want this to be done through php. I'm thinking maybe breaking down the file or using php ftp or something but have no idea where to start! HELP!!!

No, actually it's possible if you chunk the files using javascript and AJAX. 

So, try that

I do not believe that chunking is supported by IE and if that is the case, imo that is not a viable option.

Your option is also assuming that the OP knows basic Javascript/JQuery.

OP, imo you should start by contacting your host provider and see if the issue can be resolved, if it cannot, switch to another provider.

I do not believe that chunking is supported by IE and if that is the case, imo that is not a viable option.

It should be OK, I think. I stoped using windows from 1998, so not sure about that. 

So I've made a test with firefox to my godaddy dedicated server and I was able to upload 50MB zip file by max_file_uploads restriction 20MB.

It should be OK, I think. I stoped using windows from 1998, so not sure about that. 

So I've made a test with firefox to my godaddy dedicated server and I was able to upload 50MB zip file by max_file_uploads restriction 20MB.

I think that this is a good idea, however you have to consider that IE still represents the majority of users and I do not believe that chunking is supported.

I also believe that chunking should be considered after the host provider has been consulted since it is more of a bandaid then a solution.

I think that this is a good idea, however you have to consider that IE still represents the majority of users and I do not believe that chunking is supported.

There wasn't a problem with IE7 with a zip file of 90MB and the chunk_size step set up to 5MB, by upload_max_filesize restriction from godaddy to 25MB.

// General settings
		runtimes : 'html4',
		url : 'upload.php',
		max_file_size : '100mb',
		chunk_size : '5mb',
		unique_names : true,

GoDaddy default settings:

upload_max_filesize: 25M

max_file_uploads: 20

Edited by jazzman1

• Solution

lol what cat? the one in my avi? What is plUpload? i downloaded it and have no clue what it is

It is a multiple uploading javascript API which will allow you "chunking" large files and saving them to the fileserver, without pretty much understanding of javascript and php.

All tests I did last night with it. For better understanding, read at docs, it's very simple.

@off: We spoke previously about this cat. Do you remember? That's mine :)

PS: If you don't understand something about this API, don't hesitate to ask the people in this forum.

Edited by jazzman1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.