I want to create a very lightweight CMS

Dolphzer

Hello All

I am looking to crete my own CMS specifically just for me, specifically for very limited type of content that will be used throughout the site.

Do you think it would be wise to do this with a framework? Or create the whole CMS myself from the ground.

To my understanding, it will be beneficial to use frameworks to reduce security vulnerabilites along with code etc, But on a whole level im thinking the framework will have be loads of additional features and coding which I really wont be using.

The CMS I will be creating will allow some user action to allow specified users to edit live pre-created content(pages).

If You do believe I should use a framework could you recommend some good frameworks, Im seeing some users(admin included) pointing towards laravel.

Thanks in advance.

I agree with ankur0101, starting with an MVC framework is a good idea.  I work with a team that has been using Zend's MVC framework for a while now, its a good choice. 

We actually evaluated about 30 PHP frameworks / CMS combination for a project early last year.  I ended up picking Pimcore - best of both worlds with MVC framework and clean CMS.  My team has been using Pimcore (pimcore.org) for well over a year now.  Its a CMS with lots of very useful preview, data/content editing and tracing tools built in, but also light enough that it doesn't get in your way.  Used it on both micro-site and big enterprise websites. You should try it out - download at pimcore.org/download.

The Zend MVC framework and Pimcore are both open-source, so eays to just jump in and try them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.