CSS - How do I have 2 variable width elements with a fixed width center element?

DeX

I'm building a website with a layout I've never tried before but I've seen it work well on a lot of other websites. I'm wondering if someone here can help me accomplish doing this, I haven't been able to figure it out.

This is the design I got from my designer which I need to code:

trust1.jpg

I removed the middle white area so you wouldn't know my website idea. What I want is a 1200 pixel wide center area and I want the outside parts to fill the remaining portions of the page, regardless of the screen width. So (correct me if I'm wrong), I was thinking I need the left div, center div and right div. The center is fixed width and the left/right parts are variable but how do I accomplish this?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.